Signs of Foundation Problems
Call Granite Foundation Repair at 972-412-2171 to discuss your concerns or to schedule an on-site evaluation. See the bottom of the page for a partial list of cities served in the Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) Metroplex area.
Signs of foundation problems may be apparent either on the inside or outside of a building.
Interior signs of foundation problems:
- Ceiling separation from the wall
- Ceiling cracks
- Ceiling trim separation
- Doors stuck or sticking
- Door frame askew
- Fireplace cracks
- Fireplace separation from wall or ceiling
- Floor hump, sinking or upheaval
- Floor tile cracks
- Floor separation or noticeable ridge
- Floor slope
- Floor is bouncy (wooden pier and beam house)
- Garage floor unnaturally sloped
- Kitchen or bath cabinet separation from wall or ceiling
- Paneling separation at joints
- Wall cracks
- Wall separation from the floor
- Wallpaper tears or wrinkles
- Windows stuck
Exterior signs of foundation problems:
- Bricks broken
- Brick wall mortar joint separation
- Brick wall movement or leaning
- Brick wall expansion joint width widens at top
- Caulk line shows evidence of movement
- Chimney tilting or separation from house
- Concrete cracks in foundation
- Door stuck or sticking
- Door frame separation from brick or trim
- Patio or porch separation or rise/fall from house
- Roof line uneven along top of roof
- Window stuck
- Window frame separation from brick or trim
- Window caulk separation
- Wood trim separation or movement
Pictures of home problems prior to foundation repair.. Click on each picture for an enlarged view. When caught early, the cost of foundation repair can greatly be minimized.
By now you may have recognized some of these signs in your own home. Before you throw up your hands and say, we can't afford this; give us a call for a comprehensive free evaluation of your foundation.
Our experience is that about 50% of the homes that we inspect need little or no foundation repair. Some of the problems can be solved by drainage correction.
A leaking pipe under a concrete slab, either sewer or fresh water, can cause the ground to swell and give the false impression that the foundation is failing. Water collection under a pier and beam home can the piers, causing the beams and floor to rise. Stagnant water under a pier and beam house will cause the concrete piers, which often rest on the surface of the soil, to sink. Our foundation repair technicians are trained to look for these conditions.
Foundation problems need to be promptly resolved. Unless the causes of foundation problem are identified and repaired, the foundation will suffer, with additional damage in the form of cracked walls, stuck doors, breaks or separation in walls and ceilings, cracks in slabs, broken water lines, roof separation, and ugly cracks in exterior brick.
Cities served in the Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) area include:
Fort Worth, Ft. Worth,
North Richland Hills,
Fort Worth Texas,
Ft Worth Texas,
Fort Worth TX,